STRADBROKE ISLAND (Minjerribah) INDIGENOUS FISHING
A truly special and unique experience.
Stradbroke Island, just off the coast of Brisbane is home to the Quandamooka people. The Quandamooka have lived in the area for tens of thousands of years. Villages existed around the coastal areas and islands and campsites could be found wherever there was freshwater from creeks or water holes.
This brand-new Aboriginal Fishing Experience will involve flying in on your private helicopter for a full-day or half-day, with a focus on fishing and bait collection on the surf beaches of Minjerribah. Learn to fish, cook and flavour your catch with bush-tucker using traditional methods taught by a Quandamooka fishing guide.
Read all about the experience here!
- Helicopter flights from Archerfield
- Private Indigenous fishing guide
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Fishing tuition and indigenous practices / bait collection
- Water & Snacks, fish catch & cook
- Breakfast or lunch on the beach (dependant upon tour selection)
- Transfers from helicopter landing site